Button snap pull tester TF145
Button snap pull tester, to determine the holding or breaking strength of prong-ring attached snap fasteners onto garments or toys, also as a button pull tester applies for compression and tensile testing of small samples(special attachments are available). The button pull test standard includes ASTM F963, EN 71-1, etc. Snap tester will help you a lot when you do push and pull test. Come and contact us for more information about fastener pull tester.
Snap Tester (button pull test machine), to determine the holding or breaking strength of prong-ring attached snap fasteners onto garments or toys, also as a Push Pull Tester for compression and tensile testing of small samples(special attachments are available).
This snap button pull test machine consists of an upper snap clamp, a lower fabric clamp as well as a force gauge mounted on a stand, and a hand wheel on the bottom of the snap tester. Besides, all these fasteners pull out test equipment which allows fine control with convenient operation, which makes the pull-out test equipment very easy to use.
Grip the snap component by the Upper Snap Clamp and fix the garment to the lower Fabric Clamp. Then the operator can apply a specific force by turning the hand wheel. Finally, the holding force or the breaking strength can be recorded. The capability of the snap tester can be enhanced with the clamps & accessories for testing other Snaps, Jean Buttons, Four Hole Buttons & Garments Accessories such as Zippers, Bows, Appliqué, Toggles, Hooks/Bars, and D-Rings, amongst others. Apart from those mentioned before, you will find more applications for this push-pull test equipment for your testing purpose.
The test principle:
The upper and lower clamps hold the parts of the garment. The clamps move at a set speed until the part comes off. Record the shedding strength and the way. We should select suitable clamps according to the different buttons.
1 Suitable for manufacturers and buyers to use
2 Suitable for children’s clothing, and soft toys
3 Suitable for product design and production inspection
4 The tension is more accurate due to the equipment of the hand wheel
5 Easy to operate, so no need for training the staff
6 Sturdy and durable, thus require less maintenance
TESTEX Button snap pull testers are sold to many countries worldwide with an export history of 12 years, a good reputation, as well as reliable quality.
1 Lower Fabric Clamp, Lever Armlocking (on the machine)
1 Upper Stud Clamp
1 Upper Snap Clamp
1 Three-Pronged Clamp
1 Two-Pronged Clamp with screw
1 Lower Grasp Button Kit (on the machine)
1 Long Nose Vice Grip
1 Safety Goggles
Sundoo Force Gauge (300 N, resolution 2 N, accuracy +/-1%FS) weight
|Length: 280 mm||Width: 280 mm||Height: 750 mm|
|Standard||16 CFR 1500.51-53||EN 71-1 126.96.36.199|
|Optional Standard|| ASTM F963 8.9 ||ISO8124-1 5.24.6|
Welcome to TESTEX – a professional textile testing instrument supplier – The button snap pull tester is on sale, contact us to get a detailed price quote.
Button Pull Test Method
Button pull test condition:
Before conducting the button pull test, we need to put the specimen into the condition of moisture equilibrium for the button attachment strength test in the standard atmospheric according to Practice D1776.
Button Pull Test Machine Procedure
1. We set up and verify the button strength tester by using 15lb (6.82kg)±10% calibration weights. (Note: The calibration weights are optional.):
2. We attach the suitable upper clamp to the hook of the Pull Gauge. (Note: Accessories are optional.)
3. Adjust the Pull Gauge to zero position by Zero Tare Ring. (Note: The Pull Gauge is under the “ON” switch.)
4. Place the specimen in the correct position, the concave indent of the Lower Fabric Clamp. And the push snap button is positioned centrally. Applying the press of the Arm of the Lower Fabric Clamp to clamp the fabric tightly.
5. Lower the Universal Clamp until it is above the test piece by the Right-hand Flywheel.
6. Clamping the button of the specimen onto the Universal Clamp. (Note: The horizontal arm keeps upward so that it can clamp the test piece easier.)
- Driving downward the Universal Clamp to clamp the specimen;
- To adjust the Upper Snap Clamp, until the edges of three claws just touch the circumferential edge of the button;
- To ensure that only the button is held by the clamp, and the fabric is not affected;
- Tightening the clamp to grip the button at the same time.
(Note: If a larger button needs to be tested, it should use the Upper Grasp Clamp, the original holding plate in the Lower Fabric Clamp is replaced with the Grasp Clamp.)
7. Turn on the “ON” switch. If necessary, we can re-adjust it to a zero position.
8. Turning the Right-hand Flywheel to keep the clamp moving upward.
- The button may separate from the fabric while the gauge reading is lowering than 7 kg;
- If the button bears the 7 kg force, the clamp should hold it for a few seconds and loosen it; (Note: The force applies from 0 to 7 kg within 5 seconds.)
- When the breaking load reaches 7 kg or less, we should record the data of breaking power. If the button is not separated from the fabric until 7 kg, the operator should adjust the Pull Gauge to the “ON” switch again to stop it and keep the force of 7 kg for 10 seconds.
- If the fabric slipped out of the Lower Fabric Clamp during the test, we suggest repeating step 4 with a new specimen.
If the button slipped from the Upper Clamp during the test, we have to discard it and repeat the test procedure with a new specimen.
- The rest of the male and female button specimens should repeat steps 2-9 and record its result.
Button pull test report format:
There is an available format for the reference.
If you want to know the snap button machine price, please contact us, and you will get a free snap button pull test standard.
Importance of performing the button pull test
The button pull tester is specifically designed to measure the button's clasp force or breakage force from the clothing. By doing so, we can define the responsibility of the garment manufacturer and ensure that buttons and fasteners can be properly attached to the garment, preventing them from falling out of the garment and causing the risk of swallowing them by infants. Therefore, it is important that we should test the pull of all buttons and fixed decorative parts on the garment.
Maintenance and precaution
Please do not use overload. The rated load of this instrument is 300N.
Pay attention to the daily maintenance work and keep all parts of the instrument clean.
If the instrument is not flexible during use, please add a little oil to the oiling holes on the bearing blocks on both sides of the machine to lubricate it. In case of malfunction, please contact the sales in time, and do not disassemble or repair without permission.
[contact-form-7 id="16355" title="Inquiry"]