Testing is a valuable aid for textile production, distribution, and consumption. Person engaged in textiles testing authority, should be a part scientist, as well as, a part statistician, part technologist, part diplomat in management and floor level. There are some question is raised while testing a textiles are –
1. Why do we test?
2. What do we test?
3. When do we test?
4. Who does the test?
Importance of Textile Testing:
1. Research Work: Test of the textiles helps the authority to decide the next route.
2. Selection of Raw Materials: During textiles testing the variation of a fibre or fabric i.e. length, color, fineness (in case of textile fibre), threads per inch, cover factor (in case of textile fabric), is detected properly. Thus proper raw materials are selected properly.
3. Process Control: Certain standard level should be maintained to control increase of waste, rise of cost etc. By textile testing we can easily detect the faults of machinery and materials during test of textiles.
4. Process Development: Research Institute, pilot plants can achieve process development through testing or exact investigation into better, cheaper and quicker methods.
5. Search for effective productivity: Continuous test of the textiles results a enhanced and efficient output of the production.
6. Specification Test: To meet up the customer requirement, specification is very useful. In this concept, testing plays a vital role.
To know more about Textile testing equipment, please click: