Elmendorf Tear Tester TF140C
Elmendorf Tear tester, a computer controlled falling-pendulum instrument, to decide the ballistic tearing strength of textiles, plastics, paper or board. Elmendorf Tensile Testing Machine complies with ASTM D1424/1922/5734, ISO 1974/9290/6383-2, BS ISO 13937, etc. The tearing tester is further enhanced and supported by the easy to use the computer. Elmendorf Tear Strength Tester will show its good performance when you do the Elmendorf tear test.
Product Elmendorf tearing strength tester (patented product), is used to determine the ballistic tearing strength of paper, textiles, plastics or board.
Elmendorf tear tester (protear) enables rapid determination of the dynamic resistance of materials designed to be subject to strong shearing loads (e.g. fabrics) or liable to be damaged by sharp or heavy objects (e.g. paper bags). Subsequently, the test was naturally adopted for all materials in the form of sheet or films, cardboard, cloth, knitted fabrics, plastic films, aluminum foil, non-woven fabrics, complex flexible packaging etc.
Elmendorf tensile testing machine is not applied to sparse fabric or stretch materials which the tearing direction might be the shift in the test.
Compressed air of 0.4~ 0.7 mPa is required.
- Works in accordance with all known test standards.
- The model is the only one that covers the most completed test range from 0 to 12800cN.
- RS-232 data output, equipped with Lenovo computer and elmendorf tear test procedure, and Panasonic printer.
- The tensile testing equipment can be controlled by the large graphic touch panel without computer and software.
- Automatic specimen clamping and notching.
- Repeatable, pneumatic specimen gripping system guarantees sufficient clamping pressure to avoid all slipping phenomena, thus ensuring perfect reproducibility of the experimental conditions.
- Automatic compensation for friction and leveling errors, no slave pointer, therefore no friction, alignment and maintenance problems.
- Capacity: 0-12800 grams (0 ~ 128N)
- Pendulum Range(cN): 0~ 1600, 0 ~ 3200, 0 ~ 6400, 0 ~ 12800
- Accuracy: 0.2% of pendulum range
- Unit: GF, MN, CN, CP, LB
- TESTEX Elmendorf Tearing Test software
- Complete with work pendulums
1600cN/g (3.5lb), 3200cN/g (7.0lb), 6400cN/g (14.0lb), 12800cN/g(28.0lb)
- 2 pcs of Cutting blades
- 1 pc of Specimen cutting template
|220/110 V||50/60 Hz||0.5-0.7 Mpa|
|Width:||560 mm||Depth:||420 mm||Height:||530 mm|
|22 inch||17 inch||21 inch|
|ASTM D1424||ASTM D1922||ASTM 5734||ISO 1974|
|ISO 6383-2||ISO 9290||BS ISO 13937||BS 3424|
|BS 4253||BS 4468||DIN 53862||DIN 53128|
|NEXT 17||M&S P29||INDA IST 100.1||AFNOR G 07-149|
|GB/T 3917.1||FZ/T 60006||FZ/T 7500|
What is the Tear of Fabric?
Elmendorf tear definition refers to the phenomenon that yarn inside the fabric breaks one by one and tear the fabric into a crack when a part of the fabric edge is subjected to concentrated loading.
The Elmendorf tear strength of textiles is affected not only by the fabric’s properties but also by every finishing process of fiber. According to the actual development requirements of textiles, the American Society for Testing Materials (ASTM) has formulated a series of textile tearing strength standards (ASTM D1709, ASTM D1938, ASTM D1004 PDF, ASTM D1922 PDF, ISO 6388-2 PDF), and ISO followed these standards.
The tear usually occurs during the use of military uniforms, sails, tents, umbrellas, hammocks and so on, and tear strength is the greatest ability to resist tearing during the use of fabric. Elmendorf tear test is a common method for measuring tear strength, it is used to test various international standards according to the Elmendorf tear test formula. Elmendorf test can be used not only for testing the tear strength of the fabric, but also for testing the tear strength of some plastics and cartons.
Elmendorf Tear Test Procedure
- Prepare samples: Make corresponding samples according to test standards.
- Adjusting pressure gauge: Check whether the pressure gauge value is in the range of 0.6 ±1 MPa, otherwise, adjust the pressure relief valve to meet the requirements. Start the Elmendorf tearing tester, enter the working interface and set the corresponding parameters.
- Zero adjustments and calibration: Adjust the Elmendorf tearing tester calibration according to the test manual, and adjust the angle, then return to the main page to start testing.
- Sample test: Select suitable hammer to test all samples and save Elmendorf tear test results.
(For detailed steps, please refer to the Elmendorf tear test manual of random incidental)
- Before using, place the hammer in place, tighten the jam hand wheels.
- When the instrument works, keep your hands and head beyond the turning area of Handle 11; the handle should not touch any obstacles.
- When the instrument has been unused for a long time, you should swing it for more times before use, and proceed with calibration operations.
- Be sure to have the swing device in a locked state when moving the instrument.
- No strong electromagnetic interference around.
- Clean the Elmendorf tear test units when the instrument is not used, store the pendulum properly to avoid collision, friction or corrosion.
The machines for tear strength are in hot sales now! Welcome to contact us if you want to know Elmendorf tear tester price and how to use Elmendorf tear tester.
Q: Do you have elmendorf tear tester manual?
A: Yes, please contact our sales person.
Q: What is elmendorf tear definition?
A: Elmendorf Tear ASTM D1922. Propagation Tear Resistance of Plastic Film and Thin Sheeting by Pendulum Method (Elmendorf Tear) ASTM D1922. Scope: A pendulum impact tester is used to measure the force required to propagate an existing slit a fixed distance to the edge of the test sample.
Q: How are elmendorf tear test results?
A: You can refer to the Elmendorf Standard Test for the specified.
Q: How to use elmendorf tear tester？
A: There are some steps you can follow in the “Description”. What’s more, there is a detailed procedure of the usage of elemndorf tear tester in our product manual. We can offer the e-manual if you need. Please contact us via e-mail.
Q: Can you provide the Elmendorf tear test formula for me?
A: Actually, there are different formulas of different national testing standards, and you don’t need the formula because our product will calculate the results for you automatically.