Martindale Abrasion & Pilling Tester TF210
Martindale Abrasion & Pilling Tester, is to determine the abrasion and pilling resistance of all kinds of textile structures. Samples are rubbed against known abrasives at low pressures and in continuously changing directions. The amount of abrasion or pilling is compared against standard parameters.
The tester is also used to conduct the abrasion performance of medical protective clothing, to ensure the durability when used in medical scenarios.
Martindale Abrasion & Pilling Tester, to determine the abrasion and pilling resistance of all kinds of textile structures. Samples are rubbed against known abrasives at low pressures and in continuously changing directions. The amount of abrasion or pilling is compared against standard parameters.
The unique design of our Martindale abrasion pilling test machine allows removal of individual sample holders for examination without lifting the top motion plate. It provides individual counters and parking function, interval time settable and a large touch-screen display. Standard sample holders and 9 and 12kpa Weights are included.
The Martindale abrasion testing equipment is available with 4, 6, or 9 test positions.
Drive system is PLC, programmable control with large touch-screen
- Max stroke of movement 60.5+/-0.5mm
- Weight of holder and spindle 200+/-1g
- Max stroke of movement 24+/-0.5mm
- Weight of holder and spindle 155+/-1g
Included Accessories (1 for each station)
Abrasion test (To ISO 12947-1)
- Mounting weight (2.5+/-0.5kg, for both abrasion and pilling test)
- Pilling instruments holders (Dia. 38 mm)
- Loading Weights (395+/-7g)
- Loading Weights (595+/-7g)
Pilling Test (To ISO 12945-2)
- Linear adaptor. To convert to straight-line motion.
- Sample Retaining Rings for pilling test
- Pilling test holders (Dia. 90mm)
- Loading Weights (260+/-1g)
1 Auxiliary device for specimen mounting.
1 Drawing pen
1 set of abradent fabric, wool felt, backing foam for each work station.
- Specimen Cutter. (Dia. 38mm) with cutting mat.
- Abrasive Fabric & Backing Felt Cutter. (Dia. 140mm) with cutting mat.
- Standard Wool Abrasive Fabric SM25. 1.6M wide x 5M length – For abrasion test and pilling test (when automatic)
- Standard Backing Foam. Width 1.5M, Length 0.5M.
- Standard Backing Wool Felt Piece (woven) 1m x 1.5m.
- EMPA Photographic Standards for Pilling Test (3 x 4 knitted)
- EMPA Photographic Standards for Pilling Test (3 x 4 woven)
- SM 50 Photographs for Pilling Test IWS + ASTM.
|220/110 V||50/60 Hz|
|TF210A||4 heads||790 x 650 x 600 mm (LxWxH)|
|TF210B||6 heads||1040 x 760 x 690 mm (LxWxH)|
|TF210D||9 heads||1040 x 760 x 690 mm (LxWxH)|
- Medical Masks and Protective Clothing: EN14325, EN 14126 – 2003
- EN ISO 12945-2/12947-1/12947-2/12947-3/12947-4, ISO 20344, ASTM 4966/4970, BS EN 388/530, BS 3424/5690, JIS L1096, DIN 53863/53865, GB/T 13775, SATRA TM31, IS 12673, IWSTM 112/196, IWTO 40-88, SFS 4328, NEXT 16, GMW15651, ISO 5470-2, M&S 17 / 19 / 19C, Next 18/18a/18b, GB/T 4802.2/21196-1/21196-2, Wool Mark TM 112/196
There are various factors that affecting abrasion resistance measurement. Thus, you may need a pilling machine to test the wool abrasion resistance and abrasion resistance of test fabric. Let us introduce the Martindale rub test guide and help you to get Martindale abrasion test results.
Martindale Abrasion & Pilling Resistance Test Method
ISO 12945-2: Test method for pilling resistance of fabrics: Martindale Method
ISO 12947: Test method for abrasion resistance of fabrics: Martindale Method
ASTM D4966: Test method for abrasion resistance of fabrics: Martindale Abrasion Tester
ASTM D4970: Test method for abrasion resistance of fabrics: Martindale Method
GB/T 4802-2: Test method for pilling resistance of fabrics
GB/T 21196: Test method for abrasion resistance of fabrics: Martindale Method (Martindale Abrasion Tester, Determination of Test Piece Breakage, Determination of Quality Loss, Determination of Appearance changes)
GB/T13775: Test method for abrasion resistance of cotton, linen and spun silk
EN ISO 12947: Test method for abrasion resistance of fabrics: Martindale Method
BS ISO 12947: Test method for abrasion resistance of fabrics: Martindale Method
Martindale abrasion tester working principle:
Test piece of fabric is placed in the specimen clamp, and it will be rubbed against with abradant in a Lissajous figure. According to the requirement, once the test piece is broken, test piece should be taken down to calculate its abrasion resistance index, or evaluate its rating of pilling through the visual description of abrasion.
- Number of working position: 4, 6, 9
- Counting display: 0-999999 times
- Holder Moving distance: 60.5±0.5mm, 24±0.5mm
- Pressing substance mass:
Weight for garment sample: 595±2g
Weight for furniture decorator sample: 795±2g
- Effective fiction dia. of grinding blocks:
Type A: 198g (1.94N) pressure head (9KPa) ￠28.8-0.084mm
Type B: 155g (1.52N) pressure head (12 KPa) ￠90-0.1mm
- Relative motion speed of clamp and grinding table: 47.5±2.5 turns/min
- Weight for sample loading hammer: 2500±10g
- A copy of the product manual
- Type A pressure head and type B pressure head: 4/4 working positions, 6/6 working positions, 9/9 working positions
- Weight for furniture decorator sample of 795g and weight for garment sample of 595g: 4/4 working positions, 6/6 working positions, 9/9 working positions
- Standard felt: 4/4 working positions, 6/6 working positions, 9/9 working positions
- Leather collar: 4/4 working positions, 6/6 working positions, 9/9 working positions
- Weight for sample loading hammer of 2500g: 1
- Sample loader: 1
- Fuse: 2
- Steel ball: 6
- Drawing pen: 1
- Circular shear template of F40mm、F90mm、F140mm: one for each
- Other necessary accessories recommended by manufacturer
- Test piece preparation
In the standard environment, we put the test piece in the tiled state for a period of time according to different standard. For example, 24h (GB/T 4802.2), 16h(EN ISO 12947-4).
- Test piece selection
The sample shall be cut from different parts of the whole fabric with representative. If it is a fancy fabric , the sample shall include all the different tissues and colors presented by the cloth.
- Taking down the additional loading weight and bearing axle.
- Taking down the top and clamp holder.
- Test placement
Loosening the retaining ring of test clamp, we should put the test piece into the test clamp base. If the test piece is smaller than 500g/m2, we need to put a foam between the test piece and the metal clamp. Oppositely, it is big enough, or it is compound fabric, we don’t need the foam. Each piece held in test clamp should get the same tension.
- Placement of wool felt and abradant
Putting the wool felt and abradant on the holder, and the weight for sample loading hammer on the abradant, and then tighten the nut in order to fasten the abradant on the holder by retaining rings.
- Pressing the abradant on the pressure head.
- Let the side of test clamp with test piece face down, and put it on the test clamp base. After that, the bearing axle should be adjusted until it aligns and inserts the circular groove of clamp.
- According to standard, we settle the number of times on the tester and turn on it. Won’t be stop itself until it achieves enough times in the measurement.
- Taking down the test piece and compare it with photographic standard.
Martindale vs Wyzenbeek conversion
|Martindale||European||Lissajous figure||The number of double wear cycles achieved before the yarn breaks appear|
|Wyzenbeek||United States||Warp direction & fill of weft||The number of cycles that the fabric can endure before it remains the same appearance|
For the standard pdf or more information, please contact us with comment, we will give you satisfactory reply.
Q:What is working principle of Martindale Abrasion Tester?
A:Two circular samples of same material rub mutually in a certain pressure along Lissajous curves. Then after reaching stated circles, pilling of test sample should be measured. Martindale test uses figure 2 among four types of Lissajous-Figure.
Q: What is the pilling test procedure?
A: Fabric, put on the clamp head, is rubbed against the same fabric placed on grinding table in a certain pressure. Rotating around axis, fabric moves in a pre-set Lissajous figure.
Q: Are there any special requirements for installation, or any chance a calibration will be needed afterwards?
A: There are not any special requirements for installation, and we have professional after-sales team at your service. We will arrange calibration before delivery, and afterwards, it will be needed once a year.
Q: Do you have a user manual in English?
A: Yes, the user manual in English will be sent with the machines, and the soft copy will be sent to you in email.