Martindale Abrasion & Pilling Tester TF210
TESTEX Martindale Abrasion & Pilling Tester, or Martindale Tester, determines the abrasion and pilling resistance of all kinds of textile structures. Samples are rubbed against abrasives at low pressures and in continuously changing directions. The amount of abrasion or pilling is compared against standard parameters. That is called the Martindale Rub Test.
The Martindale Abrasion Tester TF210 is also used to conduct the abrasion performance of medical protective clothing to ensure durability when used in medical scenarios. We also provide the updated version of the Martindale Abrasion & Pilling Tester, contact us now for a surprise!
Application of Martindale Abrasion & Pilling Tester TF210
Martindale abrasion machine is suitable for testing the abrasion resistance and pilling degree of knitted fabrics, woolen fabrics, artificial leather, synthetic leather, etc. under pressure, which is used in many industries such as textile, footwear, and garment.
Because of the unique design of our Martindale Rub Tester, you can remove individual sample holders for inspection without lifting the top motion plate. It provides individual counters and parking functions, interval time settable, and a large touch-screen display.
The Martindale tester is available with 4, 6, or 9 test positions. Standard sample holders and nine and 12kpa Weights are included.
Features of Martindale Abrasion & Pilling Tester TF210
1. More accurate testing
Dynamic operation of the grinding table and upper grinding head can be controlled within 0.05mm, and the flexibility of the rotating axis is strictly calibrated.
The Martindale abrasion and pilling test diagram is perfect.
2. Higher testing efficiency
Equipped with two sets of grinding heads, Martindale Abrasion Tester TF210 can do pilling tests and abrasion resistance tests at the same time.
3. 3 speeds, 3 workstations
Three operating speeds and three test stations to choose from. Different Martindale test speeds can be set – slow (24rpm), normal (47.5rpm), and fast (75rpm). 9 test stations are available for the larger base and 4 or 6 for the smaller base. Martindale Abrasion Tester TF210 is very flexible.
4. Applicable for 17 international test standards
Martindale Abrasion & Pilling Tester TF210 Can be applied to ISO 12945-2-2020; ISO12947-1-1998, GB/T 21196.1-2007; GB/T 4802.2-2008; BS EN 530-2010; ASTM D4970/4970M-2016e3; ASTM D 4966-12; SATRATM31A/ B; PUMA; BS EN 16094-2012 and 17 other international standards.
5. Test results are consistent with international third-party laboratories
All the Martindale test data are comparable to the test results obtained by internationally renowned third-party laboratories.
6. More stable operation
Adopt servo motor control to improve the stability of machine operation and reduce machine noise. Choosing Martindale Abrasion Tester TF210 means choosing reliable rub testing results.
What’s more, we have upgraded the Martindale tester which is equipped with IoT technology, it is a new brand“ChiuVention”,
Welcome to get the quote for the newest Martindale Tester.
Specifications of MartindaleTester TF210
The Drive system is PLC, programmable control with a large touch-screen
- Max stroke of movement 60.5+/-0.5mm
- Weight of holder and spindle 198+/-2g
- Max stroke of movement 24+/-0.5mm
- Weight of holder and spindle 155+/-1g
Included Accessories (1 for each station)
Abrasion test (To ISO 12947-1)
- Mounting weight (2.5+/-0.5kg, for both abrasion and pilling test)
- Pilling instruments holders (Dia. 38 mm)
- Loading Weights (395+/-7g)
- Loading Weights (595+/-7g)
Pilling Test (To ISO 12945-2)
- Linear adaptor. To convert to straight-line motion.
- Sample Retaining Rings for pilling test
- Pilling test holders (Dia. 90mm)
- Loading Weights (260+/-1g)
1 Auxiliary device for specimen mounting.
1 Drawing pen
One set of abradant fabric, wool felt, and backing foam for each workstation.
Optional orders of Martindale Abrasion Tester TF210
- EMPA990 Photographic Standards for Pilling Test (knitted + woven)
- Standard Wool Abrasive Fabric SM25. 1.6M wide x 5M length – For abrasion test and pilling test (when automatic)
- SM50 Photographs for Pilling Test IWS + ASTM
- SM26 woven wool felt, 24 pcs/box, Φ140mm
- SM26 woven wool felt, 24 pcs/box, Φ90mm
- SM28 polyurethane ether foam, 250 X 200mm/pcs, 25pcs/box
Weight of Martindale Abrasion & Pilling Tester TF210
|Type||Net Weight||Packed Weight|
|TF210A||65 kg||110 kg|
|TF210B||75 kg||125 kg|
|TF210D||90 kg||147 kg|
|220/110 V||50/60 Hz|
|TF210A||4 heads||650 x 510 x 280 mm (LxWxH)||700 x 620 x 750 mm (LxWxH)|
|TF210B||6 heads||650 x 510 x 280 mm (LxWxH)||700 x 620 x 750 mm (LxWxH)|
|TF210D||9 heads||830 x 590 x 280 mm (LxWxH)||970 x 770 x 750 mm (LxWxH)|
|ISO 12945-2-2020||ISO 12947-1-1998||ISO 12947-2-2016||ISO 12947-3-1998|
|ISO 12947-4-1998||GB/T 21196.1-2007||GB/T 21196.2-2007||GB/T 21196.3-2007|
|GB/T 21196.4-2007||GB/T 4802.2-2008||BS EN 530-2010||ASTM D4970/4970M-22|
|Optional Standard:||BS EN 388-2016+A1-2018||SATRATM31 A/B||PUMA|
|BS EN 16094-2012||ISO20344-2021 Item6.12||BS EN 13520-2002||ISO 5470-2-2021|
Welcome to TESTEX – a professional textile testing instrument supplier – Martindale Tester TF210 is on sale, contact us to get a detailed price quote.
We have a lot of Martindale abrasion test standards information, welcome to contact us to get it for free.
Martindale Test Meaning
Martindale Abrasion Test refers to the test of textile products based on the standard system of the Martindale method, and this test tests the abrasion characteristics of the fabric, Abrasion resistance is an important index of textile product quality, which directly affects the durability of the product and the use of the effect, abrasion resistance refers to the fabric or with other materials in the process of repeated friction, resistance to wear characteristics. The machine used to test the abrasion resistance of the fabric is the Martindale AbrasionTester.The Martindale test is very important for the textile industry.
Martindale Abrasion&Pilling Tester Working Principle
The Martindale Abrasion& Pilling tester works by rubbing a circular specimen against an abrasive (standard fabric) under a defined load in a planar motion forming a Lissajous pattern trajectory. The Lissajous curve (also called the Lissajous pattern, Lissajous pattern, or Bowditch curve) is the synthesis of two trajectories of sinusoidal vibrations along mutually perpendicular directions. You can also get Martindale abrasion tester procedure.
Martindale Abrasion & Pilling Resistance Test Method
ISO 12945-2: Test method for pilling resistance of fabrics: Martindale Method
ISO 12947: Test method for abrasion resistance of fabrics: Martindale Method
ASTM D4966: Test method for abrasion resistance of fabrics: Martindale Abrasion Tester
ASTM D4970: Test method for abrasion resistance of fabrics: Martindale Method
GB/T 4802-2: Test method for pilling resistance of fabrics
GB/T 21196: Test method for abrasion resistance of fabrics: Martindale Method (Martindale Abrasion Tester, Determination of Test Piece Breakage, Determination of Quality Loss, Determination of Appearance changes)
GB/T13775: Test method for abrasion resistance of cotton, linen and spun silk
EN ISO 12947: Test method for abrasion resistance of fabrics: Martindale Method
BS ISO 12947: Test method for abrasion resistance of fabrics: Martindale Method
Martindale abrasion tester working principle:
Test piece of fabric is placed in the specimen clamp, and it will be rubbed against with abradant in a Lissajous figure. According to the requirement, once the test piece is broken, test piece should be taken down to calculate its abrasion resistance index, or evaluate its rating of pilling through the visual description of abrasion.
- Number of working position: 4, 6, 9
- Counting display: 0-999999 times
- Holder Moving distance: 60.5±0.5mm, 24±0.5mm
- Pressing substance mass:
Weight for garment sample: 595±2g
Weight for furniture decorator sample: 795±2g
- Effective fiction dia. of grinding blocks:
Type A: 198g (1.94N) pressure head (9KPa) ￠28.8-0.084mm
Type B: 155g (1.52N) pressure head (12 KPa) ￠90-0.1mm
- Relative motion speed of clamp and grinding table: 47.5±2.5 turns/min
- Weight for sample loading hammer: 2500±10g
- A copy of the product manual
- Type A pressure head and type B pressure head: 4/4 working positions, 6/6 working positions, 9/9 working positions
- Weight for furniture decorator sample of 795g and weight for garment sample of 595g: 4/4 working positions, 6/6 working positions, 9/9 working positions
- Standard felt: 4/4 working positions, 6/6 working positions, 9/9 working positions
- Leather collar: 4/4 working positions, 6/6 working positions, 9/9 working positions
- Weight for sample loading hammer of 2500g: 1
- Sample loader: 1
- Fuse: 2
- Steel ball: 6
- Drawing pen: 1
- Circular shear template of F40mm、F90mm、F140mm: one for each
- Other necessary accessories recommended by manufacturer
- Test piece preparation
In the standard environment, we put the test piece in the tiled state for a period of time according to different standard. For example, 24h (GB/T 4802.2), 16h(EN ISO 12947-4).
- Test piece selection
The sample shall be cut from different parts of the whole fabric with representative. If it is a fancy fabric , the sample shall include all the different tissues and colors presented by the cloth.
- Taking down the additional loading weight and bearing axle.
- Taking down the top and clamp holder.
- Test placement
Loosening the retaining ring of test clamp, we should put the test piece into the test clamp base. If the test piece is smaller than 500g/m2, we need to put a foam between the test piece and the metal clamp. Oppositely, it is big enough, or it is compound fabric, we don’t need the foam. Each piece held in test clamp should get the same tension.
- Placement of wool felt and abradant
Putting the wool felt and abradant on the holder, and the weight for sample loading hammer on the abradant, and then tighten the nut in order to fasten the abradant on the holder by retaining rings.
- Pressing the abradant on the pressure head.
- Let the side of test clamp with test piece face down, and put it on the test clamp base. After that, the bearing axle should be adjusted until it aligns and inserts the circular groove of clamp.
- According to standard, we settle the number of times on the tester and turn on it. Won’t be stop itself until it achieves enough times in the measurement.
- Taking down the test piece and compare it with photographic standard.
Martindale vs Wyzenbeek conversion
[table id=912 /]
(The ratio of Martindale rating to Wyzenbeek rating is 3 to 4.)
For the standard pdf or more information, please contact us with comment, we will give you satisfactory reply.
[contact-form-7 id="16355" title="Inquiry"]
A:Two circular samples of same material rub mutually in a certain pressure along Lissajous curves. Then after reaching stated circles, pilling of test sample should be measured. Martindale test uses figure 2 among four types of Lissajous-Figure.
Q: What is the pilling test procedure?
A: Fabric, put on the clamp head, is rubbed against the same fabric placed on grinding table in a certain pressure. Rotating around axis, fabric moves in a pre-set Lissajous figure.
Q: Are there any special requirements for installation, or any chance a calibration will be needed afterwards?A: There are not any special requirements for installation, and we have professional after-sales team at your service. We will arrange calibration before delivery, and afterwards, it will be needed once a year.
Q: Do you have a user manual in English?
A: Yes, the user manual in English will be sent with the machines, and the soft copy will be sent to you in email.