Multi-purpose Textile Flammability Tester TF319
Multi-purpose Textile Flammability Tester TF319 complies with ISO 6940 / 6941, ISO 15025, ANNEX8, EN71-2, ECE R118, etc. It is Mainly used for burning testing in the vertical direction. Applicable to more than 10 international standards, can be replaced with a variety of fixtures, testing the combustion properties of many different materials, so-called “multi-purpose”.
Multi-purpose Textile Flammability Tester TF319 can determine the flammability resistance of various textiles, such as toy&toy materials, decorative fabrics, tent fabrics, safety protection nets, household materials, etc. It can be used by the printing and dyeing industry, textile inspection departments, and scientific research units. Equipped with different specimen clips, it is suitable for testing the flame retardant properties of different materials, i.e., the determination of the length of material damage, negative ignition, and continuous ignition time.
Specifications of Multi-purpose Textile Flammability Tester TF319
- Multi-purpose: at first, it meets most vertical-oriented tests.
- Accurate: The test data are comparable to the test results obtained by well-known international third-party laboratories.
- Smart: programmable PLC system, optical scanning devices for threads breaking detection, timing range 0-999.9s, and accuracy 0.1s.
- Automatic: automatic flame ignition and flame, automatic gas open / off. Automatic change for butane gas and propane gas.
- Easy-to-use： easy-set devises for burner position (surface & edge ignition, toys test).
- Safety guarantee: the detachable controller ensures the safety of the operator.
- Flexible: interchangeable, precision test frames for different standards.
- User-friendly set: vertical and horizontal marker threads, a tray for the filter paper, and test debris.
Furthermore, you can know more about flammability tests for fabric, which will give you a clearer impression of how the flammability test chamber works.
Many buyers hope that Multi-purpose Textile Flammability Tester TF319 applicable standards are: ISO 6940, ANNEX8, ISO 6941, ISO 1103, EN 14878, ECE R118, etc., but the standards of each manufacturer are different, so you should consult the manufacturer.
Standard Accessories of Multi-purpose Textile Flammability Tester TF319
- Flame measuring tape
- Burner gauges
- Sampling plate
Optional consumables: filter paper
|220/110 V||50/60 Hz|
|Length: 600 mm||Width: 650 mm||Height: 990 mm|
|Length: 340 mm||Width: 300 mm||Height: 360 mm|
|ISO 6940 :2004||ISO 6941:2003||BS EN ISO1102:2016||BS EN ISO 1103:2005|
|BS EN 14878:2007||ECE R118||ANNEX8|
|BS EN 71-2:2020||ISO 10047:1993||BS EN ISO 15025:2016||BS 5438:1989|
Types of Flammability Test
A Flammability test for fabric is one of the most common tests done by flammability testing labs, altogether, there are three most common types of flammability tests for materials.
- Vertical flammability test method: The method is suitable for testing the combustion characteristics of children’s clothing, decorative fabrics, laminated fabrics, coated fabrics, etc.
- Horizontal flammability test method: The method is suitable for testing all kinds of textiles, especially automotive interior fabrics.
- 45-degree burning test method: Multi-purpose Flammability Tester TF319 is one type of our vertical flammability tester. Especially, its vertical test frame with changeable specimen holders and burner covers offers a wide range of vertical-oriented textile fabrics.
Why is the Flammability Test very important？
Fire accidents caused by flammable clothing in daily life occur frequently at home and abroad. So people are paying more and more attention to the flame-retardant properties of textile and clothing products.
The research of flame retardant performance testing methods is also the focus of scientific researchers.
Most fabrics are naturally susceptible to fire. However, variables such as fiber content, weight, construction, and finishing determine how flammable a fabric is, what happens when it ignites, and how quickly it burns.
In order to observe and quantify how these different properties of fabrics exposed to open fire affect their performance and to determine the suitability of fabrics for use in apparel, flammability testing for flame resistance is necessary.
Why Choose TESTEX Multi-purpose Textile Flammability Tester TF319
Consistency with international third-party laboratories: The test data are comparable to the test results obtained by well-known international third-party laboratories.
High repeatability: Whether is the same set of samples or the same machine, and after multiple tests, the results are consistent.
High reproducibility: Whether is the same set of samples, or different machines of the same model, after multiple tests, the results are consistent.
Longer service life: TESTEX makes prototypes and then subjects them to rigorous reliability testing in a variety of environments to ensure achieve the expected service life.
User-friendly transparent warranty policy
Textile testing machines, 14 months free warranty (12 months normal warranty time + 2 months shipping time). Besides, all spare parts, have 3 months free warranty.
We provide full life-cycle support for Multi-purpose Textile Flammability Tester TF319. So feel free to contact our service team with any questions you may have.
Welcome to TESTEX – a professional textile testing instrument supplier – Multi-purpose Textile Flammability Tester is on sale, contact us to get a detailed price quote.
Here are some specific flame retardant testing standards required for textile fabrics in different countries.
- GB/T 17591-2006 Flame retardant fabrics
- GB 8965：Flame-retardant protective clothing
- GB/T 5454-1997 Textiles- Burning behaviour-Oxygen index method
- GB/T 14768：Carpets burning behavior-test method at 45° and assessment
- GB/T 11049：Burning behavior of carpets-tablet test at ambient temperature, IDT)
- FZ/T 01028－93 Textile fabrics-Determination of the burning behaviour-Horizontal method
- GB/T 14645:1993 Textile fabrics-Burning behaviour-The 45°determination of the damaged area and ignition times
- GB/T 20390.1：Textiles- Burning behavior of bedding items-Part 1: Test methods for the ignitability through a smouldering cigarette
- GB/T 20390.2：Textiles- Burning behavior of bedding items-Part 2:Test methods for the ignitability by a small open flame
- GB/T 5455-2014 Textiles- Burning behaviour-Determination of damaged length, afterglow time, and aftertime of vertically oriented specimens
- CPAI 84： Flame-resistant materials used in camping tentage
- CPAI 75： Standard test methods for the flammability of sleeping bags
- 16 CFR 1611 Standard for the flammability of vinyl plastic film
- 16 CFR Part 1610：Standard for the flammability of clothing textiles
- 16CFR 1615：Standard for the flammability of children’s sleepwear
- 16 CFR 1630：Standard for the surface flammability of carpets and rugs
- 16 CFR 1631：Standard for the surface flammability of carpets and rugs
- NFPA 701：Standard methods of fire tests for flame propagation of textiles and films
- NFPA 2112：Standard on flame-resistant clothing for protection of industrial personnel
- ASTM D 4151：Standard test method for flammability of blankets
- ASTM D1230：Standard test method for flammability of apparel textiles
- ASTM D6413：Standard test method for the flame resistance of the textiles-vertical test
- ASTM F1955-99(2005) Standard test method for flammability of sleeping bags
- ASTM F1989-05 Standard Specification for Cooking Fire Suppression Blankets
- NFPA 2112-2007 Standard on Flame-Resistant Garments for Protection of Industrial Personnel Against Flash Fire (Only for clause 8.3 Flame Resistance Test)
- BS 5852 ( SI 1988 No.1324 )： The furniture and furnishings fire safety regulation
- BS 7175：Standard methods of test for the ignitability of bedcovers and pillows by smouldering and flaming ignition sources
- BS 5867-2: Fabrics for curtains, drapes, and window blinds – Part 2: Flammability requirements
- BS 5866-4: Blankets suitable for use in the public sector. Part 4: specification for flammability performance scope
- BS 4790：Method for determination of the effects of a small source of ignition on textile floor coverings (Hot metal nuts)
- BS EN 14878：Textiles-Burning behavior of children’s nightwear-Specification
- BS EN 1101：Textiles and textile products-Burning behaviour-Curtains and drapes-Detailed procedure to determine the ignitability of vertically oriented specimen(small flame)
- BS 7837：Flammability performance for textiles used in the construction of marquees and similar textile structures
- BS 7157：Test method for ignitability of fabrics used in the construction of large tented structures
- BS 6526：Domestic oven gloves — Requirements and test methods
- BS 6341：Specification for fabrics for camping tents
- BS 6307：Method for Determination of the effects of a small source of ignition on textile floor coverings(methenamine tablet test)
- BS 5815-3：Sheets, sheeting, pillowslips, towels, napkins, counterpanes and continental quilt secondary covers suitable for use in the public sector -Part3: Specification for counterpanes and continental quilt secondary covers including flammability performance
- BS 5576：Specification for fire safety features of camping tents, awnings, trailer tents, and caravan awnings
- BS 5438：Methods of test for flammability of textile fabrics, when subjected to a small ignition flame, applied to the face or bottom edge of vertically oriented specimens
- UK Nightwear Reg.85; SI 1985 No.2043（BS 5722:1984 Specification for Flammability performance of fabrics and fabric combinations used in nightwear garments
- ISO 6941:2003Textile fabrics —Burning behavior —Measurement of flame spread properties of vertically oriented specimens
- ISO 10047：1993 Textile —Determination of the surface burning time of fabrics
- ISO 15025:2000 Protective clothing -- Protection against heat and flame -- Method of test for limited flame spread
- ISO 5912－2011 Camping tents clause 126.96.36.199 Flammability
- ISO 12952-1：Assessment of the ignitability of bedding items-Part 1: Ignition source: smouldering cigarette
- ISO 12952-2：Assessment of the ignitability of bedding items-Part 2: Ignition source: match-flame equivalent
- ISO 6925：Method of test for burning behaviour-Tablet test at ambient temperature
- ISO 15025：Protective clothing-Protection against flame- Method of test for limited flame spread
- EN13772：Textiles and textile products — Burning behavior — Curtains and drapes — Measurement of flame spread
- EN 13773：Textiles and textile products-Burning behaviour-Curtains and drapes-Classification scheme
- EN 1869：Fire blankets
- EN ISO 14116：Protective clothing - Protection against heat and flame - Limited flame spread materials, material assemblies, and clothing
- EN ISO 11611：Protective clothing for use in welding and allied process
- EN ISO 11612：Protective clothing — Clothing to protect against heat and flame
- EN 71-2：Safety of toys: Flammability
- EN 1103：Determination of the burning performance of fabrics for apparel
- CanadianHazardous Products Act (R.S.,1985,c.H-3) SCHEDULE I PART I clause4(CAN/CGSB-4.2 No. 27.5-94 TEXTILE TEST METHODS Flame Resistance — 45º Angle Test — One-Second Flame Impingement
- CAN/CGSB-4.2 No. 27.5-2008TEXTILE TEST METHODS Flame Resistance — 45º Angle Test — One-Second Flame Impingement
- Canada Hazardous Products Act (R.S.,1985,c.H-3) SCHEDULE I PART I clause7
- Hazardous Products (Toys) Regulations, C.R.C., c. 931（SCHEDULE V FLAME RESISTANCE TEST）
- SOR/87-443 Hazardous Products (Children’s Sleepwear) Regulations （SCHEDULE I FLAME RESISTANCE TEST）
- SOR 90-245 Hazardous Product(Tents) Regulations（CPAI-84 camping tentage)/
- CAN/CGSB-4.2 No. 27.1-2008 TEXTILE TEST METHODS Flame Resistance - Vertical Burning Test
- CAN/CGSB-4.2 No. 27.2-94 TEXTILE TEST METHODS Flame Resistance —Surface Burning Test
- CAN/CGSB-4.2 No. 27.3-94 TEXTILE TEST METHODS Textile Fabric-Burning Behaviour-Measurement of flame spread procedures of vertically oriented specimens
- CAN/CGSB-4.2 No. 27.4-94 TEXTILE TEST METHODS Textile Fabric-Burning Behaviour-Determination of ease of ignition of vertically oriented specimens
- CAN/CGSB-4.2 No. 27.5-94 TEXTILE TEST METHODS Textile Fabric-Burning Flame Resistance — 45º Angle Test — One-Second Flame Impingement
- CAN/CGSB-4.2 NO. 27.10-2000 Textile Test Methods Flame Resistance - Vertically Oriented Textile Fabric or Fabric Assembly Test
- CAN/ULC-S109-03 Flame tests of flame-resistant fabrics and films
- Test method for the flammability of textiles (F01) Effective 2009-11-05
- CAN/CGSB-4.2 NO.27.7：Textile test methods Combustion resistance of the mattresses-Cigarette test
- CAN/CGSB-4.2 NO.78.1：Textile test methods Thermal protective performance of materials for clothing
- AS/NZS 3504：Fire blanket
- AS 2755.1：Determination of ease of ignition of vertically oriented specimens
- AS 2755.2：Measurement of flame spread properties of vertically oriented specimens
- AS 2755.3: Textile fabrics-Determination of burning behaviour-Determination of surface burning time
- AS/NZS 1249-2003 Children’s nightwear and limited daywear reducing fire hazard
- Flame retardant requirements for Children's nightwear and part of the daytime wear clothing