UL94 Horizontal & Vertical Flammability Tester TF328
UL94 Horizontal & Vertical Flammability Tester (flammability chamber), used to determine the flammability of plastic materials for parts in devices and appliances. This flammability test apparatus is supplied as a complete system incorporating all the features necessary for ease of use and safety. UL94 Horizontal & Vertical Flammability Chamber complies with UL HB, UL94, UL 94 V0, ISO 9772/9773, etc. The video of the UL 94 flammability test procedure is attached to this web page.
|Power||220/110 V, 50/60 Hz|
|Dimensions||1060 mm * 740 mm * 1360 mm|
|UL 94 HB, UL 94 V0, UL 94 V1, UL 94 V2, UL 94 5VA|
|UL 94 5VB, UL 94 VTM-0, UL 94 VTM-1, UL 94 VTM-2, UL 94 HF-1|
|UL 94 HF-2, UL 94 HBF, ISO 9772, ISO 9773, ASTM D635|
|GB/T 2408, GB/T 8332, (optional: ASTM D5207)|
- Mount the airless combustion chamber on a table stand that has a large internal volume of 0.9m². In addition, this flame test chamber equips with internal lighting and an exhaust fan for the simple discharge of combustion products.
- The doors and windows are made of toughened safety glass and you can see the specimens during the test.
- Fully adjustable horizontal and vertical specimen holders.
- A burner in compliance with ASTM D 5025, with simple angle adjustment (0°, 20°, 45°) and precision gas control system including gas flow meter, pressure regulator, and pressure gauge.
- Two access ports enable easy entry to the chamber for the movement of the burner and specimen.
- A burner wing tip.
- Three digital test duration timers for accurate but simplified operation
TESTEX – a professional textile testing instrument supplier – UL94 Horizontal & Vertical Flammability Tester TF328 is on sale, contact us to get a detailed price quote.
What is UL94 Horizontal & Vertical Flammability Tester?
UL94 Horizontal & Vertical Flammability Tester also named UL94 flammability chamber, is used in testing labs to check the flammability of plastic materials for ensuring the safety of electronic devices or appliances. As a complete system, the instrument provides all the necessary features for safe use. What’s more, the flammability test apparatus conforms to all five UL 94 horizontal and vertical burner tests and associated ASTM international standards.
In addition, TESTEX offers flammability testers for a wide range of materials. Our flammability testing equipment is safe and accurate enough to be your best assistant in the flammability testing laboratory. Those flammability testers comply with ASTM D1230, ISO 9772, ISO 15025, FTMS 191-5908, BS EN71-2:2006, ASTM D6413, UL HB, and other standards.
Know more about UL94 Flame Test
UL94 flame ratings and test plan
UL94 can divide into 12 fire ratings: HB, V-0, V-1, V-2, 5VA, 5VB, VTM-0, VTM-1, VTM-2, HBF, HF1, HF2. Of these, VTM-0, VTM-1, and VTM-2 are suitable for plastic films and HBF, HF1, and HF2 for foamed materials.
|HB rating||Horizontal Burning Test|
|V0-V2 rating||Vertical Burning Test|
|5V rating||Vertical Burning Test|
|RP Class||Radiant Panel Flame Spread Test|
|VTM0-VTM2||Thin Material Vertical Burning Test|
|HF1-HF2||Horizontal Burning Foamed Material Test|
Five UL 94 horizontal and vertical burner tests
|50W flame horizontal combustion test UL94 HB40, HB75 classification|
|50W flame vertical combustion test V-0, V-1, V-2 classification|
|500W flame burning test 5VA, 5VB classification|
|Horizontal burning HF-1, HF-2 and HBF classification for foam materials|
|VTM-0, VTM-1 and VTM-2 classification for vertical burning of soft specimens of film materials|
|Horizontal flammability test||UL HB, IEC 60695-11-10, IEC60707, ISO 1210, GB/T 2408|
|50W vertical flammability test||UL94 V0, V1, V2, IEC60695-11-10, ISO 1210, GB/T 2408|
|500W vertical flammability test||5VA, 5VB, IEC 60695-11-20, ISO 9770, GB/T 5169.17|
|Thin flexible material vertical flammability test||VTM-0, VTM-1, VTM-2, ISO 9773|
|Cellular plastic material horizontal flammability test||HF-1, HF-2, HBF, ISO 9772, GB/T 8332|
FLAMMABILITY UL 94 V (50 W, 20 mm Vertical)
This vertical flammability test is to determine the UL flammability rating v0 and flammability rating v1 and v2. The test evaluation includes the burning time, afterglow time, and the dripping of the combustion test sample.
Flammability Testing Equipment
UL94 Flammability test chamber
- The relative humidity is 2 days/ 23℃/ 50%, and the hot air oven is 7 days/ 70℃.
- The flame height should be controlled to 20mm.
- The flame application time is 2×
- When the first burning time is over, the second flame application time begins.
UL flammability rating chart
FLAMMABILITY UL 94 HB (Horziontal Burning)
The UL 94 horizontal burn test is a fire rating testing of material. Calculating the flammability rating for the burning rate of the specimen and taking the thickness into account.
UL94 Flame test chamber
- Control the experimental environment to 48 hours / 23°C / relative humidity.
- Adjust the flame height to 20mm.
- The ignition time is the 30s.
- If the flame front reaches the first mark within 30 s, the ignition should be stopped.
What Criteria to Consider when Using the Vertical Flammability Tester ( Flame Chamber) to Test the Flammability?
1. When making a sample, the sewn material must be the same as the material composition and size used for sewing garments and the same seam method. The trim used lengthwise should be stitched to the full width (shorter side) of the specimen, and the trim not used lengthwise should be stitched to the full length (longer side) of the test specimen. What Criteria to Consider when Using the Vertical Flammability Tester to Test the Flammability?
2. After drying the sample in the dryer, cooling time should not exceed 60 minutes.
3. When adjusting the flame length of the burner, the lighting of the extraction cabinet and the extraction fan should be turned off to dim the ambient light, and air should be turned off. After the flame length has been initially adjusted, it should be allowed to burn for a period of time before checking to ensure Flame length stability. When adjusting the position of the burner, the blue outer flame of flame should be brought into contact with the lower edge of the test specimen and the lower edge of the test specimen should be equally divided in order to ignite the test sample most effectively. Remove the sample from the dryer to start the ignition combustion. This must be completed within 45 seconds, if it is longer than 45 seconds, the sample must be re-dried and cooled before testing.
4. When carrying out the burning test, some materials will produce smoke with high toxicity. When the test is carried out, a gas mask, safety glasses and the like should be worn. When the burning of each sample is completed, an exhaust fan should be used to prevent excessive smoke that may harm and pollute the environment.
If you need fire retardant testing standards, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
A: Yes. Please contact us for more details.
Q: What is the meaning of 50W in the "50W (20 mm) Vertical Burning Test; V-0, V-1, or V-2?"
A: 50W, 500W refers to the burning power of the torch, which is generally designated by UL as the burning torch.