UL94 Horizontal & Vertical Flammability Tester, used in testing labs to check the plastic materials parts’ flammability for ensuring the safety of electronic devices or appliances. The apparatus is supplied as a complete system incorporating all the features necessary for ease of use safety. It conforms to all five UL 94 horizontal and vertical burner tests and associated ASTM international standards.
- A bench mounted draft free combustion chamber having a large inside volume of 1.0m3 and fitted with an interior light and exhaust fan to enable simple evacuation of combustion products.
- Large door and window made from toughened safety glass giving a generous view of the specimen during a test.
- Specimen holders.214
- Fully adjustable horizontal and vertical specimen supports.
- A burner in compliance with ASTM D 5025, with simple angle adjustment (0°, 20°, 45°) and precision gas control system including gas flow meter, pressure regulator and pressure gauge.
- Two access ports enabling easy entry to the chamber for movement of the burner and specimen.
- A burner wing tip.
- Three digital test duration timers for accurate but simplified operation
|Length:||1200 mm||Width:||600 mm||Height:||1400 mm |
|UL 94 V0||UL 94 V1||UL 94 V2||UL 94 5VA |
|UL 94 VTM-0||UL 94 VTM-1||UL 94 VTM-2||UL 94 HF-1 |
|UL 94 HBF||IEC 60695-11-10||IEC 60707||ISO 1210 |
|ISO 9772||ISO 9773||GB/T 2408||GB/T 8332 |
UL 94 testing, a common test in the flammability testing labs, which is used to test UL flammability rating of plastics. The UL94 test chamber have two test modes, which respectively are horizontal flammability test and vertical flammability test. FLAMMABILITY UL 94 V (50 W, 20 mm Vertical)
This vertical flammability test is to determine the UL flammability rating v0 and flammability rating v1 and v2. The test evaluation includes the burning time, afterglow time and the dripping of the combustion test sample.
Flammability Testing Equipment
UL94 Flammability test chamber
- The relative humidity is 2days/ 23℃/ 50%, and the hot air oven is 7days/ 70℃.
- The flame height should be controlled to 20mm.
- The flame application time is 2×
- When the first burning time is over, the second flame application time begins.
UL flammability rating chart FLAMMABILITY UL 94 HB (Horziontal Burning)
The UL 94 horizontal burn test is a fire rating testing of material. Calculating the flammability rating for the burning rate of the specimen and taking the thickness in account.
UL94 Flame test chamber
- Control the experimental environment to 48 hours / 23°C / relative humidity.
- Adjust the flame height to 20mm.
- The ignition time is 30s.
- If the flame front reaches the first mark within 30 s, the ignitionshould be stopped.
What Criteria to Consider when Using the Vertical Flammability Tester ( Flame Chamber) to Test the Flammability?
1. When making a sample, the sewn material must be the same as the material composition and size used for sewing garments
and the same seam method. The trim used lengthwise should be stitched to the full width (shorter side) of the specimen, and the trim not used lengthwise should be stitched to the full length (longer side) of the test specimen.What Criteria to Consider when Using the Vertical Flammability Tester to Test the Flammability? 2. After drying the sample in the dryer, cooling time should not exceed 60 minutes. 3. When adjusting the flame length of the burner, the lighting of the extraction cabinet and the extraction fan should be turned off to dim the ambient light, and air should be turned off. After the flame length has been initially adjusted, it should be allowed to burn for a period of time before checking to ensure Flame length stability. When adjusting the position of the burner, the blue outer flame of the flame should be brought into contact with the lower edge of the test specimen and the lower edge of the test specimen should be equally divided in order to ignite the test sample most effectively. Remove the sample from the dryer to start the ignition combustion. This must be completed within 45 seconds, if it is longer than 45 seconds, the sample must be re-dried and cooled before testing. 4. When carrying out the burning test, some materials will produce smoke with high toxicity. When the test is carried out, a gas mask, safety glasses and the like should be worn. When the burning of each sample is completed, an exhaust fan should be used prevent excessive smoke that may harm and pollute the environment. If you need fire retardant testing standards, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
[contact-form-7 id="16355" title="Inquiry"]