Single Yarn Strength Tester TY400
Single Yarn Strength Tester, to determine breaking strength and elongation of single cotton, wool and other yarns up to 50 N.
Single Yarn Strength Tester, to determine breaking strength and elongation of single cotton, wool and other yarns up to 10000 cN.
With a wide test range of 0 ~ 10000 cN, large colorful touch panel controls and displays test process and test results.
- Test range 0 ~ 10000 cN
- Accuracy +/- 1 % at 2% ~ 100% of test range
- Elongation range and accuracy 900 mm, 0.1 mm
- Initial clamping distance 50 ~ 500 mm settable
- Pre-tension load 0 ~ 150cn, adjustable
- Clamp self-tightening, 1 set of clamps is included
- Tensile speed 10 ~ 1000 mm/min, adjustable
|220/110 V||50/60 Hz|
|Length:||370 mm||Width:||530 mm||Height:||960 mm|
|15 inch||21 inch||38 inch|
|ASTM D2256||ISO 2062||GB/T 14344||GB/T 3916|
Yarn Strength Testing Methods
- Objectives and requirements
To familiarize with the structure of yarn strength tester and the measuring single yarn strength and elongation during the test.
- Apparatus, tools and specimens
Single yarn strength tester, and yarn specimens.
- Single yarn strength definition
Single yarn strength: Defined as the required tensile force to break a single yarn. It is an important factor affecting yarn tenacity and yarn elongation.
- Test procedure
- The specimen has to be placed under standard atmosphere for 24 hours and the humidity has to be adjusted if possible.
- Switch on the main device and put the apparatus under self-testing. After that, push the “Setting” button to enter parameter setting interface.
- The “Testing Mode” should be set with the corresponding parameters as: Constant rate stretching, Clamping distance(Length of the specimen): 500mm, Strength rate: 500mm/min, Cycles: 30, and other parameters.
- Enter the “Calibration Length” on the Main Menu of the “Settings” to register the calibration length.
- Enter the “Force Calibration” on the Main Menu of the “Settings” to set the zero calibration.
- Exit “Settings” to enter testing mode. The testing process can also be entered by using the previously set parameters after switching on the device.
- Clamp the specimen. Note that the increasing tensile load should be properly set with respect to the yarn thickness. The tensile load can be adjusted by using the tensioner under the fixing plate.
- Press the “Stretch” button to start the test. After the specimen is broken, the clamper will automatically return to its original position. The test result along with corresponding parameters will be printed out from the printer after the single yarn strength calculation and yarn tenacity calculation is done by the computer.
- Repeat Step 7 and 8 until the set number of cycles is reached and the statistics will be printed out.
- End the test and cut off the power supply.
（Attached：yarn strength formula
P=tex*relative yarn strength
P=breaking stress*cross section area of fiber ）
Yarn standard ASTM d2256 pdf free，please contact us via e-mails firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a requirement.