Class About Screen Printing of Textile Engineering (Basic Post)
In today’s class I will give you a basic idea about the Textile Screen Printing Classifications, Steps that have to follow and various materials that are required for using Screen Printing technology.
Classification of Textile Screen Printing:
Screen Printing is basically are of two types. One is Flat Screen Printing and another is Rotary Screen Printing.
Flat Screen Printing is classified into three types. These are –
1. Hand Screen Printing.
2. Semi-Auto Screen Printing.
3. Fully Auto Screen Printing.
In flat screen printing the printing process is done in Flat way and in Rotary screen printing; the printing process is done in rotary way where the whole screen is rotated with fabric.
Steps That Are To Followed During Screen Printing:
1. Design Selection: Printing design is very important fact for screen printing. According to a printing design a screen is arranged and the whole screen printing process is done.
2. Screen Preparation: After selecting a proper design the preparation of screen is being carried out.
3. Print Paste Preparation: Print past is to be carefully prepared to have an better printing result.
4. Printing: The main work (Printing) is done in this step.
5. Drying: After printing we should have to give the printed fabric a little time to be properly dried. Otherwise, print paste can be wiped out or be messed up.
6. Steaming: To fix the printing paste into the fabric, the steaming process is recommended.
7. Washing Off: Eventually the printed fabric should be washed out to remove the unfixed print paste and other dust remained on the fabric surface.
Materials Required for Screen Printing (Especially For Hand Screen Printing):
1. Printing Table: ( 100- 300 M Long × 1 – 1.5 M Width)
2. Screen (s) + Print Paste: 1 – 3 color.
3. Print Head/ Bed on the print table.
4. Back Grey.
5. Fabric to be printed.
6. Squeeze. (S)
7. Drying system under the table.
8. Hand washing tank/ no washing.