Random Tumble Pilling Tester TF224
Random Tumble Pilling Tester, to determine the pilling and fuzzing characteristics of textile fabrics. Random Tumble Pilling Tester complies with ASTM D3512, JIS L 1076, DIN53867, etc.
Random Tumble Pilling Tester, to determine the pilling and fuzzing characteristics of textile fabrics.
Random Tumble Pilling Tester uses stainless steel impellers that rotate within individually lit aluminum chambers constantly tumbling test fabrics against cork liners for a pre-determined time controlled by a timer and audible alarm.
Compressed air is also injected into the chamber to assist in the tumbling action. With 2 or 4 pilling test chambers. Laboratory standard compressed air supply is required.
- Size of Testing cylinder: Dia145mm
- Rotation speed: 1200r/min
- Cork Liner (Pack of 50)
- Cotton Sliver (pack)
- Photographic Standards (Set of 5)
|70 Kg - 2 Stations||100 kg - 4 stations|
|220/110 V||50/60 Hz|
|Width:||530 mm||Depth:||380 mm||Height:||750 mm|
|21 inch||15 inch||30 inch|
|ASTM D3512||JIS L 1076||DIN 53867|
Which kinds of problems should you worry about when Pilling?
- Newly activated or adjusted nylon brush should be pre-ground at least 10,000 times before put into use to eliminate burrs and stabilize the tow.
- Check the nylon brush often to ensure the face is flush, the tow is solid, and that the protrudent monofilament is cut off. If the tow is loose or uneven, then the brush head should be replaced by buying a brand new brush.
- The nylon brush adjustment board and brush surface should be parallel, fixed, and without shaking.
- The instrument should only be used up to six months of pilling use along. At this time, the tester should be calibrated. The total effect of the degree of use such as how frequent the unit was used should also be taken into consideration inspection cycle.
- Clamp samples as well as abrasive fabrics should be smooth and strong. If wrinkle in rubbing, samples should be re-clip, but if most of the sample escape from collet, you should replace the new sample.
- The selection of pressure and friction intensity should be correct in accordance with Table 1. If there is not an exact match in the table for the correct parameters, according to the characteristics, uses or assessment purposes, then choose a similar product’s parameters.
Table 1 Pressurization pressure and the relationship between the times level of friction
|Fabric type||Pressure（cN）||Friction times|
|First rub with nylon brush||Rub with 2201 gabardine again|
|Chemical fiber filament knitwear||588||150||150|
|Chemical fiber woven fabric||588||50||50|
|Combed woolen fabric||784||0||600|
|Carding woolen fabric||490||0||500|
- Pay attention to the friction chuck and mill relative to make sure the motion state is smooth; if it is too bumpy, then the test results can not be used.
- Rating should be in accordance with the requirements of the environment. As specified in the rating box, its light source type, light intensity, light angle, sample placement, etc. should be conducive to rating. Ratings can be adjusted so the most clearly seen pilling is done. This can be achieved by adjusting the sample tilt or rotation direction, but can not be evaluated casually by hand.
- Grading should be based on the pilling density as the main basis, and the extent of the most serious parts shall prevail. Plush generally is not as pilling, but should be based on its density, length and appearance of the impact of the degree of due consideration, and the size of the pilling can also be handled according to this principle. Rating accuracy of 0.5. The final level should be at a level of the three kind of majority or intermediate levels. Average level of 5 samples should be expressed about to 0.5 grade.
Q: What is random tumble pilling test method.
A: You can know more here.
Q: What’s difference between ICI pilling tester and random pilling tester?
- ICI pilling tester:
Fabric sample is covered on a rubber sample tube, put in a square wood box with rubber cork, and it tumbles in rotating wood box to make sample pilling. With random movement of fabric and bearing a little pressure, this test has a better repeatability, but the factors influencing pilling test is many, such as the superficial condition of rubber cork and rubber tube. This test method is suitable for fabrics easy to pilling.
- Random pilling tester
Fabric sample tumbles in a cylinder with a stirring rod, rubbing with another sample or cylinder wall to produce pilling. Movement of fabrics is random and irregular; fabric surface undertakes a large external pressure. Sometimes fabric sample gotten stuck behind the stirring rod results in weak repeatability of this pilling test.