In the spinning process, yarn hairiness is an inevitable phenomenon, so what is yarn hairiness?…
Jute Fiber has some standard physical properties. These are –
- Ultimate Jute Length: 1.5 to 4 mm.
- Ultimate Diameter of Jute: 0.015 to 0.002 mm.
- Jute Fiber Length: 150 to 300 CM (5 to 12 Feet).
- Jute Color: Jute fiber can be White, Yellow, Brown or Grey.
- Strength of Jute: 3.5 to 5 G/Den.
- Specific Gravity: 1.48
- Moisture Regain of Jute: 13.75 % (Standard).
- Elasticity: Breaking Extension 1.8% and Elastic Recovery very low.
- Resiliency: Bad.
- Dimensional Stability of Jute: Good on average.
Chemical Composition of Jute:
Cellulose > 65%
Hemi-cellulose > 22.5%
Lignin > 11%
Fat and Wax > 0.3%
Water Soluble Materials > 1.2%
Total = 100 %