Taber Abrasion Tester TF214
Taber Abrasion Tester, a testing machine to test the wear resistance of fabrics, leather. Taber Abraser complies with ASTM D3884/D3389/D4060, ISO 5470 and etc.Our Taber Abraser price is competitive.We welcome your inquiry.
Taber abrasion definition: Taber Abrasion Tester (Taber Abraser), to test the wear resistance of all kinds of structures including fabrics, leather, and rubber, paper, metals, paints, plated surfaces, coated materials, glass, etc.
Taber Abrasion Tester (Taber Abraser) uses the X pattern of abrasion produced by a rotary action of a pair of abrasive wheels. The abrasion testing machine supplies with a full range of auxiliary weights, specimen holders. The abrasive wheels and wheel refacer are offered on request.
- Grinding Wheel 2inch
- Wear Round Centre Spacing 2mm
- Gyration Speed 60±1 rpm
- Counter 0-999,999 times
- Weights 2 pcs 250g, 2 pcs 750g (used to produce 250g, 500g, 1000g mass on the specimen)
- Grinding Wheel CS – 17 / CS – 10 or others
- Paster S – 36
- Sandpaper S – 11
|220/110 V||50/60 Hz|
|Width:||380 mm||Length:||530 mm||Height:||380 mm|
|ISO 5470||ASTM D3389||ASTM D3884||ASTM D4060||FED.CCC.5306|
|FED.CCC.5309||TAPPI T476||DIN 53754||DIN 53799||DIN 53109|
Taber Abrasion Test Method
ASTM-D1175,ASTM-D3884 ,DIN53754,53799,53109,52347, TAPPI-T476,ISO-5470-1
to determine the resistance of fabrics, natural leather, patent leather of synthetic leather.
natural leather, artificial leather and some textile materials
1) Taber Abrasion Machine (Requirements: a.in conformation with ASTM D3884; b. test speed of rotation is 60 rpm; c. extra vacuum cleaner can be linked.)
2) Stickers with diameter of 103±3mm and thickness of 0.8±0.2mm
3) 150# Sandpaper
4) Grinding wheel of H-18,H-22,CS-17
5) Soft brush
6) Sample cutter
7) Notch bar cutter
Notch bar preparation:
- Notch bar is cut from different positions of material and 10cm far from its edge, with diameter of 103±3mm and bore diameter of 7±1mm. As shown in the below figure.
- The test piece adheres to cardboards with the same size.
Number of notch bar: at least 2 pieces of each material
Test conditions: temperature-23±2℃,relative humidity-60±5%
- Before test, different grinding wheels and loads are chosen according to different test materials, in order to calculate wear index.The data are shown in the below table.
|Types of Material||Grinding Wheels model||Load|
|PU split leather||H-22||1000g/ wheel|
|PU and PVC artificial leather||H-22||1000g/ wheel|
|Textile materials||H-18||500g/ wheel|
- New sandpaper is put on the machine, fastening the center fixed nut and fixed ring.
- Grinding wheel is declined to the sandpaper. Starting the engine to make the machine rotate for 25 circles, for the purpose of averaging the surface of grinding wheel.
- Sandpaper is taken off (each sandpaper is single-use generally).Soft brush and vacuum cleaner are used to remove the dirt on grinding wheel.
- Sample adhered to 0.8mm sticker is placed on it, with center ring and fixed ring clamped.
- The wheel is put down to the sample, and the counter is cleared.
- Powering up the engine, the test is proceeding. Notch bar should be checked every 50 circles.
- When the surface of notch bar is worn (or its color is changed heavily) and regulated circles are achieved, the machine should be stopped.
The lower one is recorded between two abrasion resistance values. If the notch bar is not worn after the regulated circles, the circles should be recorded.
Notice: Shoes material is worn out, which means the natural lines on the surface of material can not be seen, or the surface coating is peeled off, or the color change exceeds grade 3 of fading gray card (meets with AATCC standards). Inner material is worn out, which means any parts of material are rubbed to penetrate.
If you want a abrasion test pdf to know how to calculate abrasion resistance, please contact us via email email@example.com.
Q: What is taber abrasion test in wiki?
A: Abrasion is the process of scuffing, scratching, wearing down, marring, or rubbing away. It can be intentionally imposed in a controlled process using an abrasive. Abrasion can be an undesirable effect of exposure to normal use or exposure to the elements.
Q: What is taber test methods?
A: There are various taber test methods.
Q: What is taber abrasion wheels?
A:An essential component of conducting “Taber wear tests” is the type of abrasive wheel that is used. Abrading wheels for the Taber Abraser (Abrader) can be classified as:
- Calibrase® – A resilient wheel composed of resilient binder and aluminum oxide or silicon carbide abrasive particles. Frequently used to evaluate rigid specimens.
- Calibrade® – A non-resilient wheel composed of a vitrified (clay) binder and silicon carbide or aluminum oxide abrasive particles. Frequently used to evaluate flexible specimens.
- Specialty – Used for special applications.
Q: Can this taber abraser set with speed 72 ± 2 rpm and 60 ±2 rpm?
A: Yes, the machine is equipped with a rotater to set the speed.