Steaming Cylinder TF170
Steaming Cylinder is used to determine the shrinkage of unstressed fabric samples subjected to steaming in a closed chamber. Steaming Cylinder complies with ISO 3005, BS 4323, IWTO 29-76, etc.
Steaming Cylinder, equipped with built-in Steam Generator. The steaming cylinder is used to determine the shrinkage of unstressed fabric samples subjected to steaming in a closed chamber. The Steaming Stability Template is suitable for use with steaming cylinders when testing fabrics for relaxation shrinkage, to mark the fabrics before testing using a benchmark of 250mm and to read shrinkage directly in percentage after testing.
Provided with a stainless steel fabric supporting frame to accommodate 4 samples.
- Automatic timing, 1-9999mins, stops steaming and warns if the set time met.
- Steaming generator is offered
- Equipped with pressure safety device
- Equipped with Exhauster and drainage device
- Steaming cylinder is made of stainless steel
|220/110 V||50/60 Hz||8 A|
|Width:||450 mm||Depth:||520 mm||Height:||420 mm|
|18 inch||21 inch||17 inch|
|ISO 3005||BS 4323||IWTO 29-76||M&S P8|
The Thermal Shrinkage of Fabric
The synthetic fabrics, which includes Terylene and PVC fiber, will be shrunk when it is heated at high temperature, what is called thermal shrinkage. During the production of synthetic fabrics, the fabric has potential shrinkage because of stretching.
Steaming Cylinder Principle
We need to use a flexible steel ruler to mark down 250mm datum points when the shrinkage of fabric is tested so that we can read the percentage of shrinkage directly.
Four specimens are cut along warp and weft without obvious defect respectively, which size is 300mm*50mm, and put them into the standard atmosphere to humidify for 24 hours. Then, we mark down two datum points on the specimens, which are at the distance of 250mm (accurate to 0.5mm).
1. We need to ensure the rate of steaming reach 70g/min. If the cylinder has cooled, it should be heated and make the steam flow around at least 1 minute.
2. Then, we measure the distance of point correctly.
3. We place four specimens into the cylinder after they are put flatwise on each layer of specimen holder respectively and close the cylinder door for 30 seconds.
4. Four specimens are taken out from cylinder to cool down 30 seconds and repeat this procedure two times.
5. After cooling down and humidifying with standard requirements, we measure the length of two points (accurate to 0.5mm)
6. At last, we calculate the rate of steaming shrinkage and take the average.