ICI Pilling and Snagging Tester TF223
ICI Pilling Box, to rapidly replicate pilling or snagging on fabrics in a fraction of the time due to normal wear. ICI Pilling Tester complies with ISO12945-1, BS 5811, JIS L1076, etc. Contact us for more information about ICI pilling test method.
ICI Pilling Tester / Pilling Box. To rapidly replicate pilling on fabrics in a fraction of the time due to normal wear.
ICI pilling tester uses a universal drive system with 2 or 4 position, electronic digital counter, and sample mounting fixture. The machine accepts ICI Pilling boxes and ICI pilling drums.
- Rotation Speed 60 +/ -2 rpm
- Control Mode Single chip control
- Touch panel
- Pilling Assessment Viewer
- Set of 5 Photographic Standards
- Mounting Jig (used to install specimens easily)
- Cork liner – pack of 6
- Rubber tube – pack of 4
- SnagPod for BS 8479
- Snagging pins for JIS L1058
|220/110 V||50/60 Hz|
|800 x 500 x 600 mm (L x W x H)|
|ISO12945-1||BS 5811||NEXT 19||IWST M152|
|M&S P18||M&S P19||M&S P21A|
ICI Pilling Box Test Method
Pilling test piece preparation:
Four test pieces are cut from the fabric of size 125mm*125mm, each of them should be marked the reverse side and lengthways side. We need to test both of sides of the sample when the front and back side is not obvious. In addition, we need to cut the same size piece from fabric as compared with the test piece.
Pilling test procedure:
- Fold two test pieces inward lengthways from the front, and then sew it for 12mm from the edge. To be a sample cell, the stitch density decides the uniform seam. Other two test pieces repeat that, but fold them inward horizontally.
- Turn the inside out and turn the obverse side of the test piece into the outside of the sample cell, we cut 6mm from both ends of the test piece. Putting the sample cell on polyurethane tube, fix and tape both ends of the sample with the same distance to both edges of the tube by PVC tape.
- Until any chopped fiber or matter which influence the test result out of the box, we need to clean the ICI pilling
- Putting 4 prepared polyurethane tube into the pilling box and Closing the lid.
- Preset the revolution by the counter and start the instrument. (The revolution of woolen fabrics: 7200r; The revolution of worsted fabrics: 14400r)
- After the counter reach the revolution which is set, we take out the sample, remove the thread and unfold the test piece.
Pilling test result:
- To assess the test piece according to the visual description. If the test piece stands between two rating, which should be recorded 1/2 rating.
- The teat result is the average of all test piece rating, if the average is not an integer, the number should be modified about 1/2 rating to the nearest rating.